Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate for Lagos State, Olajide Adediran popularly known as Jandor, has said he would still participate in the Lagos governorship debate despite Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s decision to pull out.
Sanwo-Olu had earlier said he would not participate at The Platform‘s January 29 debate following a video of a group of thugs shooting in broad daylight in Surulere. He blamed the PDP for masterminding the attack.
But at a world press conference today, January 29, Jandor wondered how a chief security officer of a state would stay away from attending a debate because of insecurity in a state he presides over.
Jandor said the real reason Sanwo-Olu pulled out of the debate was because of his alleged failures in the state, citing spiral unemployment numbers which has risen from 14% when he took over four years ago to more than 30%, and poverty level which doubled from 4% to 8% at the same period.
Jandor wondered how the Surulere shooting, which was targeted at him and not Sanwo-Olu, could become an excuse not to attend the debate.
He accused the ruling party of sponsoring thugs to routinely attack his campaign trail.
He recalled how his campaign train was attacked by thugs in Badagry, Agege, Kosofe, and the most recent, which was in Surulere yesterday, January 28.